Recipe of the Week - Veg Pasta
For the veg lovers among us (and with diet resolutions steaming ahead) then this quick pasta dish has your name all over it.
- 350g penne or pasta of your choice
- 140g broccoli , cut into small florets
- 100g sugar snap peas or green beans (finely chopped)
- 2 courgettes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g light cream cheese
- 50g grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), plus extra to serve
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- large handful basil
Cook the penne according to pack instructions, adding the broccoli florets and sugar snap peas to the pan for the final 3 mins to cook through.
Gently fry the courgettes in oil for 7-8 mins until soft.
When the penne and vegetables are almost ready, scoop out a ladleful of cooking water from the pan and add this to the pan of courgettes, then add the cream cheese, Parmesan, lemon zest, half the lemon juice and seasoning. Stir to make a smooth, creamy sauce.
Drain the penne and vegetables, then mix with the creamy sauce, adding the basil, extra lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
Tagged: Main Meals